Monday, September 5, 2011

Glacier National Park - Day 1

Yesterday was my first day in Glacier National Park, and because of Labor Day weekend, the park was packed.  This guy was just hanging out wondering what all the fuss was about I think. 

It was hard to find any parking at all where there were turnouts, and forget trying to park in any of the visitor lots. I didn't feel like fighting the crowds knowing most of them would be heading home today, so spent my first day just kind of exploring the park a bit.  Trying too see as much as I could on Day 1 and seeing what kind of photo opportunities there might be. 

The weather was actually TOO nice yesterday with clear blue skies and the sun just beating down on everything.  That makes it nice to get out and hike, but not all that great for photos. Today isn't looking too much more hopeful as far as photos in the middle of the day, but there is still a lot of park to explore to that's my plan today.  I think I'm going to try a few of the out of the way roads today and visit some of the less popular areas of the park

This is a photo taken near sunset after the park cleared out and I could finally find places to stop along the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment