Sunday, October 25, 2015

Fall in the Northwest

The Pacific Northwest isn't known for it's beautiful fall colors like the north east of the United States, but if you look hard enough, you can find some nice colors here this time of year.  Went out yesterday with another photographer I shoot with often, trying to find some of those elusive colors and visited a spot I seem to hit a few times a year hoping to catch it with great colors.  They weren't there yet, but we still spent a little time shooting and then headed down to Oregon to a tree farm there that was supposed to look really nice right now.


At first things didn't look too when we got there, as it looked like we might have been about a week too late, but with a little exploring and some experimenting with different shots, I think we were both able to come out with something we liked.  I had a hard time deciding between these two shots, both had something




I like but I think I really like this second composition a little better. It's tighter and draws the eye towards the glow deep in the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment