Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Glacier National Park - Day 3

Today was another warm, mostly cloudless day in Montana.  After all the driving I've done in the last few days, I decided to just kick back  and spend some time sitting down by Lake McDonald.  It was so nice and quiet today, with almost no one around, other than the occasional canoe or boat passing by.  

The water here is so crystal clear and not nearly as cold as I would have thought, not that I was going to go for a swim any time soon.

 Here is another shot taken from even further up the beach as the sun was setting. It was right about this time I started thinking maybe I shouldn't be the only one out here when it got pitch black.  It's not like they have street lights out there to help you find where you parked your car. :)



Lake McDonald After Sunset
This last shot might be my favorite shot of the day.  I stopped one last time on the way back out of the park and found this boat dock, which made a great addition to the photo now that the sun was down.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to change motels and move to the other side of the park, and then try to catch a few sunrise photos on the other side of those little rocks you see in the background here.

No comments:

Post a Comment